> List all projects
PI: R. Veerkamp.
Breed4Food has the ambition to be the world-leading center for research and innovation in livestock genetics. Breed4Food is a consortium established by Wageningen University & Research and four international animal breeding companies, namely CRV (cattle), Hendrix Genetics (turkeys, layers, pigs, aquaculture and traditional poultry), Topigs Norsvin (pigs), Cobb Europe (broilers).
The Big Data team of B4F Precision Phenotyping focus on big data analytics with the objective to get exposed to and learn from state-of-the-art tools and methodologies within the domain of data science and their application potential for improved animal breeding.
- D.Schokker, M.Poppe. J.ten Napel, I.N.Athanasiadis, C.Kamphuis, R.F.Veerkamp, Rapid turnover of sensor data to genetic evaluation for dairy cows in the cloud, Journal of Diary Science, in Press2022, doi:10.3168/jds.2022-22113.
- E.M.M. van der Heide, C. Kamphuis, R.F. Veerkamp, I. N. Athanasiadis, G.Azzopardi, M.L. van Pelt, B.J. Ducro, Improving predictive performance on survival in dairy cattle using an ensemble learning approach, Computers and Electronics in Agriculture, 177:105675, 2020, doi:10.1016/j.compag.2020.105675.
- D. Schokker, I. N. Athanasiadis, B. Visser, R. F. Veerkamp, C. Kamphuis, Storing, combining and analysing turkey experimental data in the Big Data era, Animal, 14(11):2397-2403, 2020, doi:10.1017/S175173112000155X.
- D. Schokker, I.N. Athanasiadis, B. Visser, R.F. Veerkamp, C. Kamphuis, Using a data lake stack in Animal Sciences, Proceedings of the 9th European Conference on Precision Livestock Farming, pg. 140-144, 2019.
- E.M.M. van der Heide, R.F. Veerkamp, M.L. van Pelt, C. Kamphuis, I. N. Athanasiadis, B.J. Ducro, Comparing regression, naive Bayes, and random forest methods in the prediction of individual survival to second lactation in Holstein cattle, Journal of Diary Science, 102:9409–9421, 2019, doi:10.3168/jds.2019-16295.