Current team members
- Ron van Bree (Wageningen Univ, 2022-). Area: Hybrid AI for food security.
- Rob Knapen (Wageningen Univ, 2021-). Area: Geospatial data engineering for digital agriculture.
- Dilli Paudel (Wageningen Univ, 2019-). Area: Machine learning for regional crop yield forecasting.
- Christos Pylianidis (Wageningen Univ, 2019-). Area: Digital twins for precision agriculture.
- Matt Scowen (Bangor Univ, 2019-). Area: Machine learning for ecosystem services
- Christos Giovanopoulos (VU Amsterdam, 2018-). Area: A synergy between anthropology and data science for infrastructural contenstation research.
: Primary supervisor
Former team members
Graduated PhD students
- Eliana Papoutsoglou (Wageningen Univ, 2021). Thesis: Paving the way for FAIR data in plant phenotyping, then with Taxonic.
- Argyris Samourkasidis (Wageningen Univ, 2019). Thesis: Environmental timeseries lifecycle in the Internet of Things era: Lowering e-science barriers, then with ING.
- Dimitris Kremmydas, (Agricultural Univ. of Athens, 2018). Thesis: Integrated mathematical programming and agent based model for policy analysis of Greek agriculture , then with EU Joint Research Centre.
- Diego Marcos (2019-2021), Explainable AI for nature conservation, then Assistant Professor at GRS/WUR.
- Hiske Overweg (2020-2021), Reinforcement learning in Digital Future Farm, then data scientist at i2i
- Dirkjan Schokker (2018-2021), Breed4Food project, then with Wageningen Bioveterinary Research
- Dan Jenssen (2017), Big data for cow disease prediction project, then Assist. Prof. at Copenhagen University.